Currie & Brown has extensive experience on major industrial projects ranging from air separation units and large-scale aluminium processing facilities to uranium mining operations. Throughout our 30 years’ track record in this sector we have been able to identify and overcome the challenges that our clients face.
Some of these challenges include remote locations with poor access, low labour productivity, limited specialist supplier base, commodity price instability, rapidly changing technology and complex logistics and installation issues. Clients return to us because we have a deep knowledge and understanding of these challenges and we can add value at all stages from concept design through to commissioning and validation.
Particular examples of where we have added value include:
- Market trend reports that allow clients to decide whether there is a financial incentive to delay or accelerate a project schedule.
- Active earned value monitoring to ensure the design, procurement and installation processes are fully co-ordinated.
- Development and management of the commissioning and validation schedules to ensure successful execution of the critical final project stages and on-time start up.
- Development of cashflow and estimate options to integrate all aspects of the project including equipment vendors, controls systems, building core and shell, process piping, electrical and mechanical installations and site works.
The range of services we provide includes:
- Fully integrated master scheduling
- Cost management
- Payment validation and certification
- Contract support and advice
- Procurement and purchasing support
- Procedural review and development
- Operational audits